Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tool #11

My favorite tool was the iPad apps. I think the students will be eager to use some of the apps which hopefully will lead to better conversations inside and outside the classroom.

I appreciate the knowledge gained from going through the "11 Tools".  Technology use tends to be an "event" in my classroom as opposed to a route for gaining an understanding of the content. I am hoping with these new tools, the technology will become more integrated in the classroom.

 An unexpected outcome has been seeing the ideas of others and how they are implemented in the classroom. I have also come to realize that students will use smartphones to supplement the classroom technology. If I can direct them to use it as a learning tool they will be less likely to use it for other purposes. 

1 comment:

  1. Please keep us posted on the apps you find most useful! There are more and more creation apps out there.
    Hopefully you can leverage your students' personal devices to help supplement the classroom-based devices so technology truly becomes "eventless!"

    ReplyDelete